Mission and Vision
INDYCOG's mission is to promote bicycling as a safe and viable means of transportation and recreation in Indianapolis.
INDYCOG envisions bicycling as a preferred mode of transportation and recreation in the City of Indianapolis. Our collaborations with local businesses, nonprofit organizations and local government create a network of bicycle infrastructure that is safe, convenient and enjoyable for the whole community.
We will accomplish our mission through advocacy, collaboration, education and promoting bicycle culture.
- Advocating for public policy that favors bicyclists' interests.
- Advocating for bicycle specific infrastructure.
- Collaborating with private and public entities to create and promote a bicycle friendly community.
- Collaborating with state and national organizations to increase the priority of cycling with respect to funding and policy.
- Educating cyclists and motorists on how to share the roadway safely.
- Educating public officials on sustainable transportation infrastructure.
- Educating children on how to safely and correctly ride a bicycle.
- Hosting social events and rides that create and expand the bicycle culture in Indianapolis.
- Disseminating information through our website and social media outlets regarding public policy issues, events, and bicycle related resources.
We value a strong and expansive cycling community.
We value a well-educated cycling community.
We value the safety of our cycling community.
We value insightful city planning that places the needs of people before cars.
We value partnerships with organizations, local businesses and government agencies to build a better community for everyone.
We value an equitable transportation network that serves all users and modes equally.